Friday, April 11, 2008

a daydream

it is some point in the future, years, but not decades. i am at my cottage in northern Michigan near a lake. its a beautiful and happy place. with me is a girl. a girl i am in love with and who shares the feeling with me.

'im gonna go read in the hammock.' i tell her as i walk out the screen door. it bangs closed behind me. thats the happiest loud noise i ever hear. the gravel crunches beneath my bare feet. they are becoming less tender to rough ground. off the driveway the cool grass feels amazing underfoot.

i lay down in the hammock after admiring the late afternoon sun. i crack the book and begin to read.

some time later i am dozing happily.

a bump on my leg awakes me. i stir slowly and look to see what it was that nudged me from my nap. the setting sun casts a magical glow on the leg of my girl. my eyes trace up from there. the small knot of her knee give way to the smooth, lovely thigh. her bathing suit bottom marks the end of her leg and the start of her torso. i take my time. i take it all in. its a dream within a dream. she is perfection. my eyes meet hers.

'i was going to go for a swim...' her voice trails off and she takes the towel from her shoulders and lets it fall to the ground. '...but you look like you might want some company.' she lays down in the hammock with me. my hands and lips take over where my eyes left off. if this isnt bliss, then it doesnt exist.

we lazily watch the sun set through the trees.

before night drowns us in dark and cold i rise and make a fire. we sit there for hours. sometimes we talk. sometimes we kiss. but mostly we are happy to be in paradise with the perfect person.

No comments: