Tuesday, June 10, 2008

brendan benson

pandora.com loves him today. but so do i. it just struck me that id like to see him with out Jack White. keep in mind, i really dig the Raconteurs, but theres something to Benson's solo stuff. its more chill and mellow, and sometimes thats just right. plus almost all of his lyrics speak to me. especially when you go through one of those phases where you try and step away and understand yourself. its never easy and the only real solution is to climb back inside and go one being you and doing what you do. i know who i am, i just dont always understand it. thats weird. Brendan seems to get that. but so do the Bouncing Souls, Alkaline Trio, Manchester Orchestra, Bradley Nowell, Dan Sartain, and even Jack White.

my obsession with music and words continues. i have too many quotes bouncing through my head to know where to begin. so ill use my own words: hopeless and hopeful.

No comments: